The application process is as follows:
- Submit your application, when you are ready. ESTEEM uses a rolling admissions process, and offers will be made after each of the four deadlines.
- Schedule an interview. (After the application deadline has passed, an ESTEEM staff member will contact you to schedule a 30 minute in-person or video conference interview.)
- Receive notification of the University's decision.
Prospective students apply to ESTEEM using the Slate system. You will be allowed to save your application as you go along and upload documents directly into Slate. Applications will only be reviewed once the entire packet is complete and submitted within the system. A $75 non-refundable fee applies unless a fee waiver is granted. Contact Iseli Hernandez for more information on the waiver process.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited American university or foreign institution of acceptable standing by the time of graduate matriculation
- Background in science, engineering, research, or technology—such as computer science, electrical engineering, industrial design, biology, economics, data analytics, chemistry, biochemistry, physics, etc.
- Unofficial transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate institutions
- Entrepreneurial mindset material—upload under "Essay Short Answer"; see application for prompt
- Statement of Intent—upload under "Essay Short Answer"; see application for prompt
- Three (3) recommendations
- Resume or CV—upload under "Uploads"
- International students whose native language is not English must submit Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) scores to demonstrate language proficiency. The Graduate School will waive the TOEFL/IELTS requirement for non-native English speakers who spent a minimum of two years at an academic institution whose primary language of instruction was English.
Note: The University of Notre Dame’s institution code for the TOEFL exam is 1841.
Application Timeline for the Class of 2023
- 1st Decision: September 27th (decision emailed to applicant by October 15th)
- 2nd Decision: December 1st (decision emailed to applicant by December 17th)
- 3rd Decision: January 31st (decision emailed to applicant by February 18th)
- Naughton Fellowship: January 31st (decision emailed to applicant TBD)
- Final Decision/Okanlami Fellowship: March 21st (decision emailed to applicant by April 8th)
The ESTEEM Graduate Program does not offer deferrals. However, if you are accepted into the program and choose not to attend, you may submit an updated application (with the application fee waived) the following year.
To submit an updated application, you must upload:
- a new Statement of Intent
- an updated Resume or CV
- one additional Letter of Recommendation that speaks to what you've been doing in the year since you originally applied
All ESTEEM scholarship amounts granted from the original application are not guaranteed and will be reevaluated by the Admissions Committee.
If more than one year has passed since you originally applied, you must submit a new application. Exceptions can be made for students in extenuating circumstances who have previously confirmed their attendance.