McCloskey New Venture Competition 2021
We are pleased to announce those teams advancing to Round 2 in the 2021 McCloskey New Venture Competition. These teams will now prepare their "transitional" business plans.
We have many accomplishments to celebrate this year:
154 teams entered
- 58% of these 154 teams are student-led teams
- 33% are alumni teams
- 9% are community ventures
Female and Minority-Led Teams
- 30% were female-led
- 31% were minority-led
By College (Undergrad)
- 36% College of Engineering
- 36% Mendoza College of Business
- Other representation includes College of Arts and Letters and the College of Science
By College (Graduate)
- 48% ESTEEM (Entrepreneurship & STEM)
- 38% Mendoza College of Business
- Other representation includes the Law School, the College of Science, the College of Engineering, and the College of Arts and Letters
All teams advancing to Round 2 are required to bring current Notre Dame Students on board to help build robust, collaborative, cross-disciplinary teams. Student Connections is our platform designed to help facilitate these introductions. Currently we have over 280 students signed up and waiting for matches.
269 judges evaluated first round entries, and provided teams with valuable feedback: over 1,500 evaluations have been completed within the past 2 weeks! This is an amazing accomplishment. Feedback for our aspiring ND entrepreneurs is what's most important, so this response is outstanding.
The 2021 McCloskey New Venture Competition will be held April 29-30. More information to come in early Spring.
Originally published by ideacenter.nd.edu on November 10, 2020.at