Dear Students, Faculty, and Staff,
We hope you had a restful and joyous holiday season surrounded by loved ones. Thanks to all of you who are teaching, supporting, and taking part in Winter Session courses and activities. Students seem very engaged in this opportunity to continue to learn and grow over the winter break.
As we prepare for the Spring Semester, many have asked how vaccination factors into the University’s response to COVID-19. We write to update you on these efforts.
- If you are currently eligible for the COVID-19 vaccination in your state, we encourage you to make an appointment to get vaccinated.
- We have created a page on the HERE website with current information on the vaccination efforts in the states of Indiana and Michigan, including those who are currently eligible to receive the vaccine.
- We are in the process of applying to become a vaccination administration location. There is no guarantee that we will be approved by the Indiana Department of Health. If we are approved, it is unclear when we might receive doses, how many we will receive, and what rules for allocation/distribution will apply.
- Notre Dame will follow the guidelines from the COVID-19 Vaccine Allocation Plan provided by the Indiana Department of Health.
- We will continue to keep you apprised with the most up-to-date information through the weekly Thursday HERE email as we learn more.
The vaccines currently available have been shown to be highly effective and have undergone rigorous testing before being released to the public. We celebrate the fact that many of our Notre Dame first responders and medical professionals have already received the first dose of the vaccine locally, in accordance with state guidelines. Vaccination becomes even more important as new, more transmissible variants of COVID-19 are circulating in the United States, including in Indiana. We hope those currently eligible to receive the vaccine will take full advantage of the opportunity to get vaccinated at approved sites in the region.
While vaccines are a critical component of our COVID-19 response, it is incumbent on each of us to remain vigilant and to follow our health and safety protocols. Thank you for all you have done and continue to do to keep the Notre Dame community safe and well during these challenging times.
In Notre Dame,
Marie Lynn Miranda, Provost
Shannon Cullinan, Executive Vice President
Originally published by here.nd.edu on January 15, 2021.at