Naughton Application Requirements
Application Process for the Naughton Fellowship
- A Bachelor's degree in engineering, math, or science (or its equivalent) from an accredited Irish University of acceptable standing by the time of graduate matriculation
- Transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate institutions
- Resume or CV
- Statement of Intent
- Two (2) essays
- Three (3) recommendations
Note: Naughton applicants do not need to complete the GRE. In addition, since the Irish grading systems does not have a US equivalent, Naughton applicants may leave the GPA section of the application blank.
The Application System
The ESTEEM Program uses the Slate system for all of its applications. With this system you will be allowed to save your application as you go along - and upload documents such as your CV and essays directly into the system. Applications will only be reviewed once you have completed your entire packet and submitted it within the system. The application waiver fee is not required for Naughton applicants (though a waiver code is required).
The application timeline for the Naughton Fellowship is available here.
Statement of Intent
Irish students should include the following information in their Personal Statement:
1. Details regarding any non-academic pursuits and achievements, including sports, volunteer work, and other interests
2. A statement detailing why you are choosing to study your chosen course.
3. An explanation of how a Naughton Fellowship would be of benefit to you during your studies and in the future.
As part of the application process you are required to prepare written responses to two Essay Questions. These can be saved as one document (we recommend a PDF) and then attached to your application in the Program Upload section.
If you are selected for an interview for the Naughton Fellowship, you will be invited to interview for the program on Wednesday, March 29, 2017 in Dublin.
Official acceptance to the ESTEEM Program is granted only by the ESTEEM Admissions Committee. Applicants will be informed officially of the results of their application by a letter from the Director of the ESTEEM Program. Applicants who intend to accept offers of admission are required to confirm their acceptance by returning the appropriately completed confirmation form.